Looking for a new home but not sure you can afford it? Oriel can make owning your own home a reality with Shared Ownership.
It’s easy to find Shared Ownership confusing, I know I used to! Not really understanding what Shared Ownership was or how it can help people onto the property ladder. I’ve been a part of the Oriel team for almost 12 months now; I soon realised how beneficial Shared Ownership can be and how it can make buying a home more affordable. It sometimes sounds like it is a complicated process; but it really isn’t!
Simple Facts About Shared Ownership
Shared Ownership can help so many take their first step onto the property ladder, here’s how:
- You purchase a share in a new home, which can range from 25% to 75% based on what you can afford.
- Your deposit and mortgage are more affordable as you only work on the percentage of the share you are purchasing.
- You pay an affordable rent on the remaining share with is retained by the housing association.
- You do have the option, if it is affordable, to purchase more shares which is called Staircasing. This option can even allow you to own 100% of the property.
Shared Ownership could be for you if…
- Your household earns £80,000 a year or less.
- You’re a first-time buyer (or existing shared owner moving to another shared ownership home)
- Your income is sufficient to cover the mortgage (if applicable), rent and service charges
- Your chosen Shared Ownership property is affordable and sustainable for you
Your new home is exactly that; yours. You can decorate and personalise it to your style as much as you like; release your inner interior designer! While you’re new Oriel home is leasehold through Shared Ownership – once you own 100% of your home it becomes freehold.
What sets Oriel homes apart?
We pride ourselves on the quality of our homes, and include a high specification as standard that rivals even the larger house builders. Our new Sycamore Green development in Huyton includes as standard: beautiful oak doors, integrated appliances, chrome sockets and switch plates downstairs, USB sockets in the kitchen and bedroom, a media plate in the lounge, chrome downlights in the kitchen and bathroom. All of our homes are built to a high standard with a 10 year build warranty from the NHBC or LABC.
Based in the heart of Knowsley, Oriel build quality new homes. It’s our belief that everyone should be able to afford their dream home. Over the past 4 years we have proudly built developments in Prescott, Halewood and Kirkby. We are growing and expanding into new areas within the North West.
A range of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes are available in Halewood, Kirkby, Huyton and Chester, and with homes coming soon in Prescott. If you’d like to find more about our developments or how we are making home ownership a reality, visit our website www.oriel-living.co.uk, or contact our sales team on 0151 290 7891.